Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

21 December 2009

It's a Nightmare and I Can't Wake Up!

My mom seems more confused lately.  I don't know if it's a temporary setback or if this is her new "normal."  She doesn't recognize me most times.  I've lost a lot of weight, which I'm happy about; I've been working on it.  Last week, after months of needing to see a hairdresser to fix my locks, I finally had a mini-makeover.  My mom too.  It confused my mom, now she has no idea who I am.

Initially she didn't like her hair, but on Saturday, she loved it.  The hairdresser told us about a hair powder fiber that her Grandmother and Great Grandmother use on their thinning hair spots, Organin.  We were told that her Grams swear by it.  Before we left, she called one of her Gram's and asked where she buys the stuff.  "Folica.com" she told her, "the name of the product is Organin ."

My mom was excited to hear about the product and kept asking her new hairdresser to put some on her head.  Once we were able to help my mom understand that she didn't have the hair product, that I had to order it online, my mom began to ask me over and over again if I had ordered it yet.

I ordered her some as soon as I got home.  I hope it arrives this week so that on Christmas she can feel like she has a new head of hair.  Often she tells me that she wants to buy a wig to cover her shiny bald scalp.  Based on the recommendation by our new hair stylist, we're hopeful that this product will give my mom the lift she needs. 

I'm hopeful that once her hair is "stylin'" she'll want to go to the new Adult Day Health program.  My mom, she was one to get her hair done every week when I was a kid.  Her lack of hair has been the cause of much of her unhappiness over the last 20 plus years.

Confusion is the norm for my mom.  All day yesterday she asked me when I was taking her home.  It began with the little bag that she packed yesterday morning.  Later in the afternoon she looked at me and said, "This is so confusing.  It's like a nightmare that I can't wake up from... don't I have kids?  Where is my house?  You look like Susie, but I'm not sure if you are Susie.  Where's Donna?  Where's Eddie?  Ann, she loves me.  Marty?   Have you seen Marty?  Is he OK?"

On and on the questions came from her yesterday as I did my best to provide answers that would settle her mind.

Today is a new day.  A GREAT Day. 

It's great because I was able to have a cup of coffee and write a blog post as Savita laid across my desk.  My mom still sleeping.  Everyone is still sleeping, except for my big Savita the Cat and me. 

Quiet time with my cat.  My day has begun with quiet time... is it because it's Christmas week or is it because my mom died and I don't know it yet?  Time to make my way upstairs and see if she's still breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment