Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

28 February 2014

Ma's Advice


"Susie, we must take care of our health, it's most important you know."  My mom stated to me about 10 years ago at the onset of her illness; a time I had no idea what this statement would end up meaning to me.

Ma taking a trip to Whole Foods Market
2012
Food was important in my family, everything revolved around food; all celebrations, all gatherings, we always had lots of food.  Unhealthy foods that were slowly causing us to demise into a life of misery and pain.  Lots of bread, pasta and cheese.   We drank milk by the gallons.   Fried foods like sirloin steak tips dipped in beaten egg and coated with Progresso Italian flavored bread crumbs, before being friend in canola oil.  I remember my now deceased brother saying to me one night while I prepared dinner, "Sue, I'd eat shit covered in this coating."  

Our taste buds were skewed and assimilated to the processed food taste.  I can remember fresh vegetables tasting horrible, this was when I was eating processed foods.  No wonder people who are addicted to processed foods, don't eat whole foods, the processed foods change how we taste.  Loaded with salt, sugar and preservatives, our minds are tricked into believing we are eating delicious food. 

Food that will eventually make us all sick and needing pharmaceutical drugs to counteract the ill-effects of the fake foods we eat.  In this sense, as long as we have fast foods, processed and lifeless foods, we will also need synthetic drugs to keep us alive. 

My mom was in a nursing home for the last year and a half of her life.  She needed to be in a place.  I visited her nearly every day and witnessed firsthand what happens to us at the end of a lifetime of poor eating.  I saw old folks, confined to wheelchairs, unable to speak or do anything for themselves.  Drugged and fed food that would not be served at my dinner table, the cycle of illness was steadily working like a fine oiled machine.   It's the system.  The way it is supposed to be, it's what everyone agrees is normal and OK in our society.  I find this whole cycle of illness to be perverted and against all that is good.

For my mom, I promised to do things different, especially when she asked me repeatedly to help her.  "Please Susie, please help me get off all these drugs.  They make me feel worse.  I don't like feeling like this!"  Words that echo in my heart and mind, words that gave me the strength to do everything that I could for my mom to help her have more good days than bad. 

Mom, she began eating just so she could take the recommended dose of insulin each morning and evening.  Her blood sugar was dropping very low and she would begin to shake uncontrollably.  I'd give her a few crackers or a candy bar and she'd stop shaking. 

The more we changed our diets, mom began to reduce her insulin on her own.  She didn't need as much as soon as we removed the inflammatory processed fake foods.  I changed our diet to whole foods.  I made everything fresh and from scratch, even our treats.  Cookies, our favorite guilty pleasure.   Oatmeal, Raisin Cookies with fenugreek, a known blood sugar reducer.  Mom was feeling better.   I was inspired to keep on going, regardless of my critics.

Mom loved food.  She loved food shopping.  She enjoyed cooking.  She missed bread, pasta and processed foods.  I did my best to recreate all of her favorite foods with healthy ingredients.  I vowed to help her with food as her first medicine.  I worked tirelessly.  Researching foods and her health ailments. 

Fenugreek was the first medicinal food that I had come across.  I had learned that it is great for managing diabetes, cholesterol and water retention.  All health issues my mom had been battling for decades.  She was a full blown insulin dependent diabetic on 62 injectable units every day.  Sometimes more if her blood sugar readings wouldn't respond to the initial dose.  Insanity.

I talked to my mom about what I had read about Fenugreek.  I explained to her that it seemed it could help her get her diabetes under control.  She was all in.  We went to Whole Foods Market and we bought our first bottle of Fenugreek extract.  Mom was excited to get home and take her glucose reading so that we could give her one drop of fenugreek in a small glass of water to see what would happen after 15 minutes.  To our amazement, one drop of fenugreek lowered her blood sugar 15 points!  It was this discovery that helped me to help get my mother off the insulin needle.   I was driven to keep on going, even when doctors started to look at me as though I was injuring my mother because I wasn't making her take her drugs.

It didn't take us very long to fix my mom's pancreas.  She began to make her own insulin again and toss all her needles.  It was as though we fixed her with food and fenugreek.  Mom was starting to live again.  She was losing weight and had lots of energy.  Every day we went out somewhere so that she could walk and walk and shop.  Fun times that will remain dear to me until my last day.

I did continue to research foods and began using food as her medicine.  I used fresh herbs and spices.  Foods that were known anti-inflammatory became our diets staple.  Chamomile tea and mint tea included.   My mom was physically becoming stronger but her mind was slowly deteriorating.  Lewy Bodies Dementia will do that to its victims. 

One constant theme that I did notice while caring for my mother, if she ate anything white like bread, pasta, potatoes or anything in a box with preservatives, she would begin to hallucinate and often become frightened.  When I fed her dark greens, garlic, turmeric, coriander or fenugreek, she relaxed and the scary visions would go away.   I noticed a relationship between the fake foods, blood sugar and blood pressure readings. 

I observed my mother and documented what I was witnessing.  I am still amazed.  I believed in what I was doing.  No one and nothing was going to get in my way of following through with something that I witnessed firsthand, over and over again.  Even when my mom needed 24 x 7 nursing care, when caring became too overwhelming for me to manage on my own,  I still brought my mom food every day.  I was her Healthcare Proxy, in essence, I was my mother as far as her health was concerned.  My persistence and creativity allowed me to overcome all obstacles.

Talking to doctors became an art form.  I learned how to do it, thanks to the encouragement of my mom's Naturopath Doctor and her primary care Doctor who is very progressive.  Both of her doctors are my doctors today!  I used my imagination.  I made sure when I talked to any of mom's healthcare professionals about her, I did my best to keep emotion out of the conversation.  I used my honed skill of persuasion, an art form that I had mastered during my professional career as a Sales Engineer.   Studying hypnosis sure did help me to help my mom; I always believed it would just help me to sell more software!

In the end, mom passed in peace with minimal suffering in the days preceding her last day on Earth.  My mother, she proved to me that it's never too late to take care of our health.  Health is most important, without it, life is no fun.  Food choices that I make today are a lot different than those I would have made in the past.  I am now 53, time to live my mom's advice and live the healthiest lifestyle I possibly can. 

Thank God for Ma's Advice!

73 comments:

  1. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you... I appreciate your reading my post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch this video, share it with as many people as you can. it will change how you perceive gender.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    Just came across your blog! Sorry to hear you are also going through a similar experience to me...

    I am a young(ish!) caregiver to my mother-in-law with dementia - I have a site about it as well at www.dementiapoetry.com

    Please feel free to stop by, or we could link sites?

    DG x
    www.dementiapoetry.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your blog. You make it interesting to read and entertaining at the same time. I cant wait to read more from you.
    Python training in bangalore
    Python course in pune
    Python training in bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice post here and thanks for it .I always like and such a super contents of these post.
    Excellent and very cool idea and great content of different kinds of the valuable information's.

    Java training in Bangalore



    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for an additional great post. Exactly where else could anybody get that kind of facts in this kind of a ideal way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I’m around the appear for this kind of data.
    Data science course in bangalore | Data Science training with placement in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you trying to move in or out of Jind? or near rohtak Find the most famous, reputed and the very best of all Packers and Movers by simply calling or talking to Airavat Movers and Packers

    Packers And Movers in Jind

    Packers And Movers in Rohtak

    Movers And Packers in Rohtak

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent blog I visit this blog it's really awesome. Blog content written clearly and understandable. The content of information is very informative
    It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.Thanks for sharing this information, this is useful to me
    oneplus mobile service centre in chennai
    oneplus mobile service centre

    ReplyDelete

  12. read this above post its very greatful for me thanks sharing this post ,great post.
    Slowly Breaking Wolves Warm Spring Night

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for such a sweet tutorial - all this time later, I've found it and love the end result. I appreciate the time you spent sharing your skills.
    PenDragonX Athen Blog

    ReplyDelete

  14. You need to kill time, you need entertainment. Refer to our website. hope you get the most comfort.
    Thanks you for sharing!
    Natalia visit my website

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  16. Có lẽ cần phải trải qua tuổi thanh xuân mới có thể hiểu được( cách dạy con học toán lớp 1 cho trẻ ) tuổi xuân là khoảng thời gian ta( dạy trẻ học toán tư duy ) sống ích kỷ biết chừng nào. Có lúc nghĩ, sở dĩ tình yêu cần phải đi một vòng tròn lớn như vậy, phải trả một cái giá quá đắt như thế,( phương pháp dạy toán cho trẻ mầm non ) là bởi vì nó đến không đúng thời điểm. Khi có được( Toán mầm non ) tình yêu, chúng ta thiếu đi trí tuệ. Đợi đến khi( Bé học đếm số ) có đủ trí tuệ, chúng ta đã không còn sức lực để yêu một tình yêu thuần khiết nữa.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for this post, I really appriciate. I have read posts,
    all are in working condition. and I really like your writing style.
    autocad in bhopal
    3ds max classes in bhopal
    CPCT Coaching in Bhopal

    ReplyDelete
  18. I took service for shifting my goods from Agarwal Packers and Movers. They shifted my items from Noida to Gurgaon. But when I unpacked the box for arranging the items I saw that some of my expensive showcases were broken, I found that it was destroyed totally. I complained about this issue to Agarwal Packers and Movers and made them aware of this issue. They apologized and resolved the issue without any delay. I got delighted and satisfied as their qualitative services are very quick and beneficial to customers.

    Agarwal Packers Reviews
    Agarwal Packers Feedback
    Agarwal Packers Complaint

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so elegant and logical and clearly explained. Brilliantly goes through what could be a complex process and makes it obvious...

    aws course in bangalore
    amazon aws tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  20. May I simply just say what a alleviation to discover a person that without a doubt is aware about what they may be speakme approximately on line. You in reality recognise the way to deliver an latest hassle to light and make it critical. A lot extra humans ought to examine this and recognize this thing of the story. It's surprising you aren't more well-known given which you actually own the existing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Study ExcelR Data Analytics Course in Bangalore where you get a great experience and better knowledge.
    Data Analytics Course in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  22. really enjoyed reading this article. Thanks for sharing such detailed information.
    AI Training in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  23. http://theozfiles.blogspot.com/2012/06/valentich-file-revealed.html
    http://lifeatarbordalefarm.blogspot.com/2018/02/how-to-have-better-conversation.html
    http://heleneslovelythingsinlife.blogspot.com/2014/12/youtube-kanaal-met-iedere-week-2-nieuwe.html
    http://inasweetpeadreamchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/welcome-to-final-post.html
    https://tuesdaytaggers.blogspot.com/2018/10/thankful-at-tiots-30th-oct.html
    http://mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com/2011/08/homemade-laundry-soap-tutorial.html
    http://www.withoutgeometry.com/2014/06/world-cup.html
    http://creationsbywendalyn.blogspot.com/2013/02/sunday-already-sassy-cheryls.html
    http://orga.blog.unq.edu.ar/foros/topic/computer-networking-problems/
    http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com/2014/02/mas-advice.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm 57 years old and female. I was diagnosed a couple of years ago with COPD and I was beyond scared! My lung function test indicated 49% capacity. After having had flu a year ago, the shortness of breath, coughing and chest pains continued even after being treated with antibiotics. I've been smoking two packs a day for 36 years. Being born without a sternum caused my ribs to be curled in just one inch away from my spine, resulting to underdeveloped lungs. At age 34 I had surgery and it was fixed. Unfortunately my smoking just caused more damage to my already under developed lungs. The problem was having is that I enjoy smoking and don't want to give up! Have tried twice before and nearly went crazy and don't want to go through that again. I saw the fear in my husband and children's eyes when I told them about my condition then they start to find solution on their own to help my condition.I am an 57 now who was diagnose COPD emphysema which I know was from my years of smoking. I started smoking in school when smoking was socially acceptable. I remember when smoking was permitted in hospitals. It was not known then how dangerous cigarettes were for us, and it seemed everybody smoked but i was able to get rid of my COPD lung condition through the help of  Dr Akhigbe   total cure herbal medicine. my husband saw his testimony on the internet he used his powerful medicine to cured different diseases. we contacted his email   [drrealakhigbe@gmail.com}   He has the right herbal formula to help you get rid and repair any lung conditions and others diseases, will cure you totally and permanently with his natural organic herbs,We received the medicine through courier delivery service. I wish anybody who starts smoking at a young age would realize what will eventually happen to their bodies if they continue that vile habit throughout their life.
    Dr Akhighe also cured diseases like, HERPES, DIABETES, HIV/AIDS, COPD, CANCER,ASTHMA,STROKE,LUPUS,JOINT PAIN,CHRONIC DISEASES,PARKINSON DISEASES,TUBERCULOSIS,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,BREAST INFECTION,WOMEN SEXUAL PROBLEM, GINGIVITIS, ERYSIPELAS,STAPHYLOCOCCUS,HEPATITIS A/B, QUICK EJACULATION, IMMUNOTHERAPY, GONORRHEA,SYPHILIS,WAST/BACK PAIN,PELVIC INFLAMMATORY, DICK ENLARGEMENT,HEART DISEASES,TERMINAL ILLNESS,SHIFT IN FOCUS,ATAXIA,COMMON COLD,CROHN'S DISEASES,ALCOHOL SPECTRUM DISORDER,GRAVES DISEASE,HEARING LOSS, INTERSTITIA CYSTITIS,LEUKEMIA,MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS,OBESITY,RABIES,SCOLIOSIS,INFLUENZA, POLIO,JACOB,ETC. If you are out there looking for your cure please  contact  dr Akhigbe  by his email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com     or contact his whatsapp number   +2349010754824
    God bless you Dr Akhigbe for your good hand work on my life.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good Post! Thank you so much for sharing this pretty post, it was so good to read and useful to improve my knowledge as updated one, keep blogging.
    AWS training in Chennai

    AWS Online Training in Chennai

    AWS training in Bangalore

    AWS training in Hyderabad

    AWS training in Coimbatore

    AWS training

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information
    Java training in Chennai

    Java Online training in Chennai

    Java Course in Chennai

    Best JAVA Training Institutes in Chennai

    Java training in Bangalore

    Java training in Hyderabad

    Java Training in Coimbatore

    Java Training

    Java Online Training

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I am quite sure I will learn much new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!
    Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing.
    Azure Training in Chennai

    Azure Training in Bangalore

    Azure Training in Hyderabad

    Azure Training in Pune

    Azure Training | microsoft azure certification | Azure Online Training Course

    Azure Online Training

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful bloggers about CISCO certification really help for future like yourself who would positively reply encouraged me to be more open and engaging in commenting.So know it's helpful.
    DevOps Training in Chennai

    DevOps Online Training in Chennai

    DevOps Training in Bangalore

    DevOps Training in Hyderabad

    DevOps Training in Coimbatore

    DevOps Training

    DevOps Online Training

    ReplyDelete

  29. You have explained the concept really well. Was looking for this information from a while & luckily I stumbled upon your post. Looking forward for more of such informative updates from you

    Data Science Training In Hyderabad
    Data Science Course In Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for one marvelous posting! I enjoyed reading it; you are a great author. I will make sure to bookmark your blog and may come back someday. I want to encourage that you continue your great posts.
    Data Science Training In Chennai

    Data Science Online Training In Chennai

    Data Science Training In Bangalore

    Data Science Training In Hyderabad

    Data Science Training In Coimbatore

    Data Science Training

    Data Science Online Training

    ReplyDelete

  31. Thanks for one marvelous posting! I enjoyed reading it; you are a great author. I will make sure to bookmark your blog and may come back someday. I want to encourage that you continue your great posts, have a nice weekend!
    IELTS Coaching in chennai

    German Classes in Chennai

    GRE Coaching Classes in Chennai

    TOEFL Coaching in Chennai

    spoken english classes in chennai | Communication training


    ReplyDelete
  32. The content is utmost interesting! I have completely enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them. You are great,

    DevOps Training in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good Post! it was so good to read and useful to improve my knowledge as an updated one, keep blogging. After seeing your article I want to say that also a well-written article with some very good information which is very useful for the readers....thanks for sharing it and do share more posts like this.
    Python Online Training

    ReplyDelete
  34. "Thanks for the Information.Interesting stuff to read.Great Article.
    I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share.data science training"

    ReplyDelete
  35. Digital Marketing Services
    It is Digital marketing performed using various digital channels such as search engines, websites, social media, mobile phones, emails, and mobile apps. Digital marketing is a very wide range with various sub-sectors. These sub-sectors are equally important in making your website number one, enhancing brand visibility, generating more leads, a better ROI, etc. We delivers the best Digital Marketing Services in Bhopal.
    Digital Marketing Training company in bhopal
    Digital Marketing Training in bhopal

    ReplyDelete
  36. Blue world city Islamabad is an upcoming housing society located on the Main Chakri Road alongside the Lahore – Islamabad M2
    Blue world city Islamabad map
    Rudn Enclave Rawalpindi
    park view lahore map

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is one of the major benefits offered by such courses. Regular training helps in the strengthening and toning of muscles thus increasing body flexibility. five guys diabetic burger

    ReplyDelete
  38. This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! data analytics course in kanpur

    ReplyDelete
  39. DA Italia is one of the fastest growing company in India. We make leather goods like Wallet, Bag, Belt and Other Accessories. We are leather goods manufacturer in india.
    leather wallets manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  40. VAT registration in Dubai under the law means that the government acknowledges the business as a supplier of Goods and Services. It is authorized to collect the UAE VAT Registration from customers and then remit the corporate tax in a tax refund to the government.

    ReplyDelete
  41. MS Office 2010 Full Cracked + keygen can be used almost anywhere: PC, mobile phone, browser. Microsoft Office 2010 Free Download with Crack.Microsoft Ofice Crack

    ReplyDelete
  42. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete