Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

30 November 2009

My Purse! The Lady Stole my Purse!


My mom was a little off all day today, especially because she missed seeing her Naturopath Doctor today.  She LOVES his doctor appointments and never has a bad night before going to see him.

However, last night I realized that I had double booked appointments.  I couldn't believe it. 

I keep forgetting that my mom isn't right and I told her how I screwed up the appointments.  The only doctor she wanted to see today was her ND.

I contacted the ND's office as soon as I could and asked to reschedule, today preferably.  The only time was 10:30am, I don't think I could make it unless we were out of the Neurologist by 10:10.  No way did I want to rush our Neurologist.

We missed the ND appointment.

My mom was upset.  She was looking forward to seeing her ND today.  The upset brought out Lewy.

This afternoon, she fell asleep in her chair, did some sleep walking, hid her purse and then woke up worrying about her purse.  She has worried about her purse for as long as I can remember... I'm nearing the 50 corner, so it's been a LONG time that she's worried about that damn purse.

Like many care givers, we spend hours looking for shit.  Tonight, my mom decided that it was important for me to help her find her "stolen" purse while I was in the middle of making dinner.  Oh, the timing was impeccable for causing me to lose my stride with preparing dinner.  It was one of those meals where you need to add things in a sequence, pretty quick before the simmer step of my recipe.

I assured her that no one came and stole her purse.

Later, while she ate dinner she said to me, "Susie, you don't understand these people.  They show up.  They are here when you are and they laugh at you.  You see that statue over there, it's laughing at you."

My mom gets a very strange look in her eyes when she is in hallucination mode.  I didn't give her any more helleborous, I decided to do hypnosis instead.

I gave her mind positve commands and told her that she will remember where her purse is in the morning.  that she will have a great night sleep and in the morning, she will remember where she placed it for safe keeping.

Well... let's see if this works.  I believe it will.

Otherwise, I'm going to have to set up cameras to see if I can capture "the lady" in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment