Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

25 November 2009

Health Tips for my Plumber


Every one needs a plumber at one time or another when you own a house.  We don't always need them but when we do, we need them NOW and it ends up costing you money.

Just as our household plumbing needs maintenance to keep working, so do our bodies.  If we put shit in our bodies, our pipes get clogged, inflammation occurs and we find ourselves sick with diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, dementia, MS and all other illnesses that make life less than enjoyable.

When Matty the Plumber came to the house over the summer, I got on the subject of Fenugreek and Cordyceps.  I was gungho on these remedies and couldn't believe the results they were having with my mom's blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure readings.  Matty happened to be here on a day when I was shouting our great results from the mountain top for all to hear.  Matty listened to me.  I sent him home with some Fenugreek and Cordyceps.

Today,  Matty returned to our house for a minor job.  He looks fabulous.  He's dropped some weight and looks like he's on the road to better health.  He's a volunteer fireman in his town so he absolutely needs to feel good all the time.  I'm very happy for him, his family and all the people he will save in the future.

Like me, Matty is a fan of Fenugreek and Cordyceps.  He's wearing cloths that haven't fit in a long time and he feels great about it.  He reminds me of myself when I first discovered the power in natures medicine cabinet. 

Today, I shared with him what I had learned about gluten and it's effects on my mom's mental state.  I told him how I stopped eating gluten too and my big fat belly is flattening out.  I have NEVER had a flat belly but I see one in my future.

How did I do it?  

Things/Food to Avoid

All gluten products - wheat and rye, barley and oats
Bread, Pasta, Preservatives
All Rice
Corn
Potatoes
Anything in a box
Preservatives of all kinds
Don't buy anything that is "sugar free" it breaks your insulin receptors

What do you eat?

Anything organic - fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices
Quinoa grain
Amaranth Grain
Raw nuts like pistachio, almonds, pine nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts
Raw Blue Agave Nectar (sugar replacement - this is a low glycemic sugar, your blood sugar won't spike)
Use Soy Flour, Quinoa flour to make gluten free bread in a bread machine.  Here's the recipe I came up with that is A-MAZ-ING.


It's possible to cook fabulous meals with out gluten.  Instead of wheat flour, use soy flour or Quinoa flour.  Combine food where starch accompanies vegetables or Protein (meats and legumes) with vegetables.  Never mix starch and protein.

It is tough to go totally gluten free cold turkey.  I know, I tried and failed.  Here's how I did it and had success.  First, I went from the gluten breads to Lavash flat bread.  I made sandwich wraps.  Of course I became a master sandwich wrap maker.  Uncle Al calls them "the banana things" because he thinks they look like bananas when I serve the sandwich to him.

When I realized that gluten was making my belly extend, I stopped the Lavash wraps and went totally gluten free.  I bought gluten free products that were organic and were not filled with preservatives.  They were pretty good.  I began making my own gluten free baked goods.  Mmmmmm!  I stopped making gluten free bread because my mom has a problem with baked products so I decided to think about what I could use in place of a bread type wrap.

The Bread Solution 

Lettuce. Use lettuce like a wrap.  It's crunchy like chips and you really get to taste the "sandwich" filler.

We can be creative with food.  Initially I was perplexed about what to cook and how to cook.  But, I've since figured it out and now I'm having a recipe creating extravaganza in my brain.  Documenting the recipe creations as fast as I can so that I can share them with others, like you who read my blog.

So... we all need a plumber sometime, not just for our homes but our body's innards.  Put good stuff in and you will avoid clogs and lots of pain.

17 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your plumbing problem has been solved. It's nice that you and your plumber have something in common. =)

    -Dwane Zelinsky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how generous of you to impart some health tips to your plumber. It seems you and your plumber are good friends. Good luck to the both of you, and may you have good health for the years to come!

    Bibi Karpel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? It was so nice of you to share health tips with your plumber and I’m sure he appreciated it very much! After all, health is wealth, and your plumber needs to be healthy so that he’ll be able to do his job well.

    -Darryl Iorio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every day I visit a number of blog sites to see content, however this offers quality based content. toilet repair

    ReplyDelete
  5. I constantly emailed this site post page to all my friends, because if prefer to read it then my all friends will too. The St Cloud Plumbers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don’t like to give comments mostly on the blogs but your blog is one amongst the blog that I was compelled to give nice comment. Hmmm!!!
    plomberiedasilva.fr

    ReplyDelete
  7. This article is giving the superb clear motive; I really like that thing in articles. Thanks there

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quality of your blogs and conjointly the articles and price appreciating.http://www.hogar24horas.es/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey buddy, you have done the fantastic job, your post is genuinely amazing. cardiff plumbers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post, it’s really a great idea; I appreciate your efforts friends. construction dumpster rental

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm happy that you are concern with the health being of your plumber. It's rare to meet people like you! Much regards, Stevenage Plumbers

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job!
    Rhode Island Plumbers

    ReplyDelete
  13. I high appreciate this post. It’s hard to find the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it! would you mind updating your blog with more information? Plumbing services london

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am also happy that you are concern with the health being of your plumber. Every one needs a plumber at one time or another. I was searching for Plumbing services Rye. It is very Helpfull for me and also it was helpfull for others http://www.ecoheatsussex.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome post! I found also helpful tips on how to repair on plumbing problem.
    Plumbing Service Sussex

    ReplyDelete
  16. Are there still some methods that may prevent the prevention of the presence of these facilities in situ?
    مكافحة حشرات بالخرج

    مكافحة حشرات بالقصيم

    All rights reserved to the Middle East Center for Housing and Employment
    مكافحة حشرات بحائل

    مكافحة حشرات بالطائف

    https://albetalasry-cleaning.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks hydro jet service Carlsbad

    ReplyDelete