Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

03 November 2009

Thank God for Dry Cat Food

Dinner was served.

My husband was home from work... Yay!

We opened a bottle of wine, a bottle of Pinot Noir, my new favorite variety these days.
Sitting in our bedroom, in our quiet little nook in the corner of our house, we sipped wine while we discussed the events or our day.
Ahhhh... a chance to relax together.
I'm not sure who was talking when all of a sudden...

BAAAAA.... BAHAHAHDHDAAAAA.... BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!! BANG!

Oh SHIT!

It had to be my mother; the foot steps sounded like my mother's.

I started screaming...

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! ARE YOU OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

My heart, pounding and racing, I flew up the stairs. I didn't feel anything beneath my feet.

"I'M COMINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! MA!!!!"

My dear sweet husband rushing behind me, I never stopped to look at him.

At the top of the stairs, I see my mom in the kitchen, laying on the floor.

My heart in my throat, I ask if she hit her head.

"Nope." Was her reply... "I fell on my ass. Good thing for my ass."

She was trying to make me laugh.

I felt like throwing up, laughing wasn't even a passing thought at this point.

The cat... well she was freaking, totally flipped out.
All puffed up because Josie was on the floor.
I was screaming, "Ma! Ma! Are you alright?!"

Cat, tail bushed out, growling and hissing, seriously growling and hissing like she was protecting my mother or something.
Not sure who she was growling and hissing at.
She was pissed. She started to attack my husband

Josie was on the floor!

I picked my mom up in a flash.

I checked her head, no bump.
Thank God her head landed on the 100 lbs of dry cat food she insists on keeping on hand for her cat. Afterall, she wouldn't want the cat to go hungry?

How'd she fall?

She was feeding the cat, AGAIN!

She thinks the cat needs to eat every time she eats. The cat is so damn fat. I could never stop her from feeding Savita the Cat even when she sort of had her mind. No chance of stopping her now when she's lost it.

I gave my mom 5 pellets of Arnica under her tongue. I know it's the homeopathic remedy to give someone who has fallen. It's good for muscle aches, pains and head injuries.

My mom, she's doing fine. She doesn't feel any pain. She is speaking clearly.

I asked her what I could do to help her feel better, her reply, "Well, a little ice cream will make it all better." She gave me her cute little laugh.

I brought her a small dish of ice cream with 4 drops of Fenugreek to balance out the sugar.

Now it's time to go and tuck her in, give her Reiki and Hypnosis.
Thank God for her fetish of having LOTS of dry catfood on hand for her under fed cat... it just may have saved her from a trip to the ER.




4 comments:

  1. A guard cat is a good thing to have along with all that food. Glad she was alright. I thought that Arnica was toxic and shouldn't be taken internally just applied to sore muscles and bruises. Does taking it like that make pain go away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most interesting journal you are gathering here. I will enjoy coming back to visit. Thanks for visiting mine.
    I have a parent with dementia and know how difficult the trials it brings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homeopathic Remedies are safe - they are a very small, small dose. The idea with homeopathy is to treat like with like.

    You are right, arnica is poisonous if you chew on the raw plant but homeopathy uses the essence of the plant, it's safe.

    I'm still amazed how it works, but it does.

    I take a homeopathic remedy so I'm not so weepy - Pulsatilla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Midlife... I enjoyed visiting your blog as well and will visit it frequently.

    ReplyDelete