Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

02 November 2009

Happy Thoughts, Happy Life

It's been 3 days since my mom started to take Ashwagandha in the morning, as well as in the evening.

Amazing!


Our lives appear to be finding some normalcy, after so many months of running around looking for items that were "stolen" by the "man" or making sure that the little children don't hurt themselves.


It can be funny, watching from the outside, but when one is living the nightmare, it's a living hell on Earth.


Seeing ones parent decline, especially mentally when they forget who you are, is painful. It's a slow emotional death for a child, regardless of their age. Watching and waiting, not really knowing what tomorrow will bring or if the last time I saw the person would be the last time I had the opportunity to share a big hug, give some Reiki or Hypnosis.


I can chose how I want to remember the end now.
NOW is all that matters when one has Lewy Bodies Dementia.... one day at a time, one second at a time, it's how it has to be.


My mom is teaching me how to live in the NOW. We are living on Lewy's time... her time.


Tomorrow may not be here for her. She doesn't care, she has no clue, she lives her life happily like a little girl on most days.
My mom, she enjoys hugs, lots of hugs.


Ashwagandha and the other natural supplements that she's on are allowing her to have happy days, days where she wakes up and thinks she's in heaven.


The dynamics involved with caregiving is like the Universe. Everything depends on everything else to create the perfect or not so perfect day.


Emotions matter.
When I'm happy, mom's happy... when I am sad, she's sad. I don't even have to say anything, it's the energy she feels.


Caring for my mom is not only teaching me that living in the NOW is important, it's how I chose to think about every day that I have with her.


I am fortunate. My mom has given me the opportunity to work on my character flaws and strive to be like the Buddha.


Happy thoughts, happy life.

1 comment:

  1. Don't ever forget you are a very strong woman and enjoy each moment good or bad with her for they leave us so quickly with this awful situation. I can say my step-father was happy on the day he passed. God Bless both of you. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete