Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

14 November 2009

Sue's Seafood Bisque

Today I had a request from my husband, "Will you make me some Lobster Bisque?"

"Sure."

Ok, how the hell do you make it?  I've never made it and I'm not sure... let's see.

I read a few cook books and look through my fridge. 

I gather the ingredients shown. 

2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, 4 cloves of garlic chopped finely, 1 medium shallot chopped finely, 1 small yellow onion chopped, 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley chopped fine, sprigs of thyme, 1 big bay leaf, 1 can of whole peeled organic tomatoes, one carrott chopped, scallops, crab meat, lobster (about a cup of each.)  1 tsp cumin.  1 tablespoon of heavy cream and Creme Fresche as garnish.


Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a good sized pan as shown to the right.  Heat the oil until it shimmers and add the butter so that it melts.

After the butter is melted a bit, add the garlic and shallots.

Stir and cook until the shallots are soft and transparent.  


Add the carrots

Add the yellow onion.

Add the Teaspoon of Cumin

Add Thyme and Bay Leaf

Add the cup of dry white wine

Add the Whole Peeled Tomatoes

Add 32 oz of Chicken Broth

Add 1/4 cup each of lobster, scallops and crab.
Reserve the remaining lobster, scallops and crab

Turn to high until the soup reaches a rolling boil.  Lower heat to low and cover.  Simmer for 20 minutes.


Once the soup has simmered for 20 minutes, put the mixture into a blender.  You will want to leave a little of the lumpy mixture in the sauce pan.
How much you want to leave behind.

Blend the soup mixture in a blender so that it's Puree

Add the Pureed soup back into the sauce pan.

Add the Seafood

Heat thoroughly.  Add the Tablespoon of Heavy Cream.

Bon Appetit

Garnish with Creme Frasche and Fresh Chopped Parsley

2 comments:

  1. That looks so good. Oh...Lord, I wish I could cook...Re-phrase. I wish I had the desire to learn HOW to cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you are ever up this way you let me know and I'll invite you over for one of my fine gourmet meals.

    ReplyDelete