Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

16 October 2009

A Recipe to Share - Lettuce as a Wrap

In the past it has been a challenge to find foods that I can prepare which my mom will eat. She's very fussy. I don't think I was as fussy as a child. If I was, I suppose I have it coming to me.

My mom has troubles with Lewy when she eats any gluten, rice, barley, rye or oats. Even gluten free bread is a problem. DAMN!

I personally love Romaine lettuce and one day I had an idea. If I trim the rib of the lettuce leaf with a sharp knife, I could make it so the lettuce wouldn't snap when I rolled it.

It worked! Now, I use big romaine lettuce leaves in place of the Lavash roll ups. The lettuce is very durable with hot food too.

The next time I make the wraps, I'll write another post and include pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment