Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

08 September 2009

My Daily Bread


We cut gluten out of my mom's diet just 5 days ago, she has not hallucinated and she is very clear in her thinking.


We don't have scientific evidence that she has a gluten intolerance but when we cut gluten out of her diet, all the ill effects of gluten intolerance are going away.


I figured I need to go gluten free too so I haven't had any gluten until today. I went to Whole Foods to get ingredients to make gluten free bread in my bread machine. They had sample bread that I had to try, not sure why but I did. It made me have a stomach ache. I don't know if it was psychosymatic or if I really was having a problem with the wheat in the bread.




Of course I couldn't follow along with the instructions, even though it was my first attempt at a gluten free anything, let alone bread.


My mom has a problem with rice, so I made a few substitutions. In place of the Brown Rice Flour, I put Millet flour. In place of the Amaranth Flour I used Quinoa Flour. I used Coconut Oil instead of vegetable oil and added a teaspoon of fenugreek seed powder to help lower the carbs.


I cooked it in a bread machine on the whole wheat setting. I put all the liquid ingredients in first and ended with the yeast, making sure the yeast didn't touch the water.


The bread came out amazing.


I took pictures which I've attached.




No comments:

Post a Comment