Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

07 November 2009

Who are we... really?

Have you ever stopped and thought about who you are and why you are where you are in life? 

Have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you made other choices? 

How would it have effected the people in your life? 

How would it have affected you?  Would you be different?

Or are we all here and in our situations because of Karma?  Is Karma responsible for molding us and who we are?

The definition of Karma from Dictionary.com:

Dictionary: kar·ma (kär'mə)




1.Hinduism & Buddhism. The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny.


2.Fate; destiny.


3.Informal. A distinctive aura, atmosphere, or feeling: There's bad karma around the house today.


[Sanskrit, deed, action that has consequences, karma.]



karmic kar'mic (-mĭk) adj.
I do believe in Karma, but I believe that the human spirit within me is the one with the "last" say over who and what we believe we are in this life.  I believe in past lives and the actions and deeds that we did in our other lives, carry over to this lifetime. 

Being excellent to everyone really does work to change the tides of Karma.  It's how we react that gives us good Karma points or bad points.  It's totally up to us to continue over the same tracks or blaze a new trail down Karma Road.  We can do this because we have free will.  We can break the cycles that keep us stuck, we can do it now.  The only thing holding you back is you.

Past life Regression with a trained Clinical Hypnotherapist can provide answers while helping you to figure out some of the "why" questions you may have formed in your mind.

I've done past life regression.  I had learned that I was a nun in several lifetimes, in both France and Italy, always taking a vow to love God and denounce worldly possessions.  One thing that I have learned is that once our souls take a vow, it becomes part of our souls cloth. 

Vows can almost be like a stain on a piece of cloth that is nearly impossible to extract.  I wanted answers.  I wanted to know why and who I am.  Searching ... Vows, Karma, and all the who's and why's for so many years, I began to realize that it is all about LOVE.  Love can clean the stains that vows put on our souls cloth.

Vows that our souls take at any point in time, know no boundaries between lifetimes.  A vow is a vow. 

Vows of poverty, chastity... all the insanely stupid vows that we believed at one time would make God favor us more over another, were stupid.

Personally, my life has been challenged by the vows that I had taken during other existences.  I did grow up in a financially challenged household.  I think I even dip my toe in the martyrdom pool on occassion, which is really sinful if you want to put a label on it.  

But, the one element of life that I believe has saved me from another lifetime of poverty is love.  I learned love.  I learned from my parents that love will move mountains, family love moves continents.


Everyday I think about my actions.  Somedays I'm not very good at stopping the moving locamotive that is me, who is traveling on the wrong side of the tracks, but I forgive myself and look for ways to make things right in my Universe.

Is it my Karma to care for my mom?  Did I make a vow or promise to her on a soul level that needs to be played out? Or do I care for my mom just because I love her, just like she always has loved me?

I did go to a Catholic School, thanks to my Aunt Jay.  It was in Catholic School that I learned how screwed up the Catholic Religion is... they scared me (still do - the religion appears to be a bit cultish to me.) 

The long habits with the big long rosary beds hitting the floor as the nuns walked down the school halls, freaked me out so much that I would go home from school and eat and eat and eat. 

The nuns in my school used to on occassion make us all put our heads on our desks and then asked those who wanted to be nuns and priests to raise their hands. 

Years later, when I did a past life regression and learned about my many lives as nuns, I understood why I was probably one of the few kids who DID NOT raise her hand.  That and the nuns were so damn scary I couldn't imagine being one, not even for Halloween as my brother Ed's girlfriend Rita (pictured) did so many years ago.

Be a nun?  Are you crazy?  Are you slipping into a dementia state?

All I knew is being a nun meant, none of this and none of that... FORGET IT!  This lifetime, I vowed to get it right and live the fun life where the sky is the limit.  No limitations, except for the ones that I put on myself.

So far, so good.  My life has been awesome.  I've travelled, had a great career, learn whatever I want to learn, I dream, I love and just do things for others from my heart because it allows that other person to see a part of themselves in me.  We are all connected, each of us and we all have the power with in us to achieve greatness in all that we do. 

If you believe you can, you can!

Love is all that matters.  Love from the heart and your world will transform.

No comments:

Post a Comment