Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

21 November 2009

How to Make Flourless Chocolate Cake in a Magic Bullet

Flourless Chocolate Cake
Preheat the oven 375 degrees.

Toast in a dry skillet (cast iron if you have one) 1/4 cup of hazelnuts.  Once they are heated, the skins should come off fairly easily in a kitchen towel.  Cool and chop to use as a topping for the finished cake.

Cake Ingredients

9 - 10 oz. 70% Organic Dark Chocolate
1 stick of unsalted organic butter
1/4 Cup Almond Meal
1/4 Cup Agave Nectar
3 eggs

Melt the Chocolate
  • Melt the chocolate in the microwave on low, stiring.  If you have a chocolate melt feature, it works great.  You can always melt it on top of the stove in a double pot.
  • Add the butter after the chocolate is hot and melted. 
  • Allow the butter to melt and blend with the chocolate.
Mix the Cake
  • In the blender attachment of the Magic Bullet add the almond meal and agave nectar. 
  • Put the lid on the blender and mix until blended, about 30 seconds. 
  • Add the eggs, one at a time, blending each egg before adding the next egg. 
  • Add the cooled chocolate and butter mixture slowly to the blender.  You may need to use a rubber spatula to mix the chocolate in the blender because it will get a little thick.
Setting up the cake pans

  • Pour each ramakin cup 3/4 full
  • If you don't have these cups, be creative with what you have.
While the cake is baking

  • Put into the small cup 1/4 cup of heavy cream, 1/8 teaspoon of organic vanilla extract and a 1/4 tsp agava nectar
  • Using the 4 blade attachment to the magic bullet, blend the cream mixture until it turns into whipped cream. 
There won't be a lot, you just want to put a dollup ontop of the cooked cake.

The cakes need about 20-25 minutes - it all depends on the size of the baking cups.  You could use tera cota flower pots, they'd make a really cute desert if you want to impress someone.

Once the cakes are cooked, insert a sharp knife around the edge.  Before you try to take the cake out, it should be cooled a bit, but still warm.

Put a dollup of whipped cream and sprinkle some nuts. 

This is one incredible desert that is gluten free and really not too sinful for the most avid dieter.

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to make this. It sounds incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is... please let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Thank you for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome, I've been on a creative roll lately and recipes are forming in my mind like fine musical scores. I've been documenting them as fast as I can - more recipes will be posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks quick and wonderful! Perfect excuse to finally buy a magic bullet too - lol! (I do meddle with recipes and very rarely prepare them as directed, I'm terrible that way...this one looks perfect except for I'd rather use stevia since I'm a low carber, so I'm sure I'd have to adjust the liquid somehow; I will let you know what I come up with if I do.) Thanks for this, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very welcome!

    For liquid, I'd start off with 1/4 water. It doesn't require much water because when the chocolate melts it's a thick liquid.

    Please let me know how your modification works.

    This cake is divine.

    ReplyDelete