Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

11 November 2009

The Back Seat

For months, when I take the moms out with me in the truck or car, they seem to "fight" in a polite manner about sitting in the back.  No one wants to sit in front with me.  I found myself wondering if I smelled bad.

I did start to have a minor complex forming, every time, when the 2 of them come out with me, it's always the same.

Today was no different, I was in the truck, engine on, both moms were standing outside the truck.  All I could hear is, "No, you sit in the front."  "No, you."  Back and forth this went.

Finally after what seemed like an hour but was probably more like 20 seconds I said, "Will you guys just get in the truck?  This bus is leaving the station."

My mom got in back, my mom-in-law, she hops in the front. 

Then it dawned on me why my mom wants the back seat all the time... I don't enforce the back seat belt rule as much as I do with passengers in the front.

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting how true that second childhood concept comes into play. We go through that stuff with my FIL, who also has LBD. Everyone wonders how I do so well with the man, I tell them because I've had the terrible 2 training, with 4 boys. It's always funny though when it clicks on their reasoning. Hold on to the sense of humor, I know this ride, and it's a long, rocky road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa. My sense of humor is the one thing that makes me able to keep pushing through.

    I don't really like this ride that we're on. I have no idea what's ahead. I like to believe that we'll find a magic bullet, a solution to her troubles.

    Reiki and Hypnosis seem to be helping, along with all the natural supplements that were prescribed by our Naturopath Doctor.

    I never had kids. I was a career woman. I travelled and spoiled my nephews and niece.

    I think I jumped into the deep end of the pool!

    ReplyDelete