Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

31 March 2010

Rough Daze

The last few days have been a bit of a challenge.  My mom, she was back to her crazy self, hallucinating about people with no heads and people in the trees, people that she claims are angels. 

My dead brother Ed, the electrician, he has been here a lot.  According to my mom, he's doing some wiring so that he can sit in the chair and read by angel light.  My mom gets excited when she sees him and when she tells me about seeing Ed, my God, she gets genuinely excited. 

"I smiled at him like this (she showed me a big smile) and I waved to him, I waved and he waved back!... Susie, Eddie is always here." She exclaimed 2 days ago.

The 15 year old boy who whistles was back too.  She couldn't remember his name, she talked to me as though I knew this boy... "What's his name?"  She said to me, "Come on, you know it... what's his name?"

We had visits from the children, the mischievous children that used to run rampant around my house... that is in my mom's mind these kids were here, stealing her things.  I was back to looking for things that she hid on herself. 

Through all of this, my hands still ache from poor ergonomics when using my computer.  I had to hold back from writing... sorry to anyone who reads my blog regularly. 

We did have some rough times, but I got through them with my mom. 

The other day when she was out with my sister, she bought some gluten free cookies.  I didn't know that my mom was eating them until I spied the open box and lots of cookies missing.  No wonder my mom was behaving crazy, the cookies she ate seemed to bring on the weird behavior, behavior that she'd display anytime she would eat baked goods with Baking Powder or Baking Soda.

I sat with my mom most of the day yesterday.  She frowned at me more than once, looking at me strangely like I was someone else.  My mom was aggitated.  She was upset that we couldn't go out because of the rain and the floods.

My mom, we got her back on track.  I had her take a Vinpocetine 5mg capsule and she took a nap for an hour.  When she woke up, I gave her a cup of coffee and a couple of pieces of dark chocolate.  Her eyes were back to normal, they were not wide and wild, scanning for visions as she had been since Sunday.

A little while later, I gave her one 250mg of Carnitine and 100mg of R-lipoic acid... my mom was back.  She was laughing and talking, smiling at me and hugging me.  Oh... I love it when my mom is here.

For dinner we had a recipe out of Dr. Tirman's cookbook, one that used corriander and curcumin, ginger, pepper and a little white wine.  My mom, she ate the entire meal, her appetite was good, an indicator that she's more present in the now.  An observation, when my mom gives me trouble about food, she's usually in a demented state of mind.

Mom, she's still sleeping... today will be a GREAT day, even if all the streets are flooded.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing that you have learned so much about how to keep your mom in the now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mellodee... living in the NOW is all we can do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing all you can do. :) You know, when I read about your mom seeing your brother - it makes a person wonder if she really is sensing his presence there with you. Especially since she said, "Susie, Eddie is always here." I know that much of what she experiences is hallucination and the result of her illness, but perhaps...just maybe... she is in tune with something we are not. :) It's pleasant to think of at least.

    One day a time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Arielle... yes, I am doing all that I can... and yes, I think she does see Ed. Dead relatives make her really happy when she sees them so I don't give her Helleborus Niger to chase the hallucinations away... they keep her company.

    ReplyDelete