Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

05 March 2010

The Dementia Diet

Yesterday, I made my first guest post on Dr. David Thomas' blog, better known as the Psychiatrist with Lewy Bodies.  You can visit his blog here - at "A Psychiatrist with Lewy Bodies."

I wasn't sure if Dr. Thomas would accept my post so I was a bit over zealous and published the post on my blog too.   I wanted everyone to know the secret to good health... it's all in what we eat.

Actually, if you eat processed foods, you MUST take the pharma meds, the natural remedies won't work very well.  Pharma meds are great for those who continue to eat the "regular" or what my mom calls, "real" food.

If you want to feel good, follow my mom's diet.  I do and I feel better than I have in decades.  I'm losing my big fat belly too, which is awesome.  I can see my waist... I have a waist!  I didn't think I was born with one until the fat melted away. 

The Dementia Diet is designed toward my mom's condition.... it's a simple diet, no bread, no pasta, no preservatives. 

 The Dementia Diet is one that is all natural, nothing processed at all.  Processed foods seem to cause inflamation in the body which triggers troubles in my mom; hallucinations, paranoia, sleep walking and unexplained anger.

I've started to clean up my health now too, thanks to my mom.  It's not too late for me to dodge the health crisis bullets.  My mom, she wasn't so fortunate.  Her poor diet and lack of exercise contributed to her acquiring dementia later in her life.   However, she did teach me that it's never too late, not even for my mom with dementia.  We just need to be a bit more vigilent with what my mom eats or drinks so that we have more days of mom coming back to life, even if they're for brief moments... the invested time is worth the effort.

So... what are you going to do about your health today? 

2 comments:

  1. that actually looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Slyde... it is GREAT! Once you get off processed foods and then you try it again, you realize how bad processed foods taste.

    ReplyDelete