Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

18 May 2010

What a Difference A Day Makes!

What a difference a day makes!  Words that have never been more true than they are today with regard to my mom's cognition and state of being.

She's done with the Cipro, an antibiotic pharma drug that did the trick to rid her of her infection, but it also caused her to become way more insane.

If there are side effects to a drug, my mom will show them; this is what I'm learning with my mom's LBD condition.

My mom is taking herbals for her high blood pressure.  They appear to be working well for her, this morning her blood pressure was back to normal.  The Cardio supplement has cordyceps as an ingredient, it also works for senility in seniors... I think it's working for her heart and her brain.  Yay!

My mom takes B vitamins, folate, Choline, Vitamin E, Vitamin D3, L-Acetyl Carnitine, R-Lipoic Acid and Coconut Oil.

Today, my mom appears way better.  Not 100%, not the mom that I remember from just a few years ago, but she appears to be coming to life.

Could it be the combination of the amino acids and coconut oil that are giving her a wicked good day today?

Last week I read an article by Dr. Newport, who's husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's.  She discovered that coconut oil improved her husbands cognition.

He took the clock test, the test where the patient draws a clock from memory; initially, he couldn't do it.  Then, after consuming coconut oil, his cognition improved, he drew the clock.  I haven't given my mom the clock test again.  She did it 6 months ago when we visited a Neurologist and she was diagnosed with moderate staged Alzheimer's.  She didn't do it very well.

We'll see... maybe the combination of her supplements with coconut oil will reverse her disease or at least arrest any progression.  My fingers are crossed and  I have hope for her.

I began cooking with coconut oil.  Good quality, high grade coconut oil with MCT's (Mid Chain Triglicerides.)  Every day my mom drinks coconut milk with her oatmeal.  There's a new product that I buy at Whole Foods, SO brand makes Coconut Milk.  It's amazingly delicious.  I buy the plain coconut milk cream and use it in coffee.  They also make a coconut flavored coconut milk ice cream that is heavenly.  My mom loves it.  After she eats it, she is always in a happy mood.

So...

Things are looking up.  Coconut milk and the amino acids seem to be working.  Wouldn't it be cool if coconut oil is the cure for Alzheimer's?

Here's the article by Dr. Newport -What If There Was a Cure for Alzheimer's?

What a difference a day makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment