Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

04 December 2009

Thyroid Trouble Or Are You Just Nuts?


I started to do my research on thyroid troubles, ever since my mom began her thyroid therapy as prescribed by our Naturopath Doctor.

What I've learned is that there's a big controversy out there around the "right" levels.

Following is an article that discusses the controversy - The TSH Reference Range Wars

 What I learned from this article is that there's a wide range for what doctors deem to be a normal TSH Reference Range.  A range that is determined by a study of a group of 100 people who supposedly don't have thyroid trouble.  My question is, if the medical community can't agree on a normal range, the people in the test group (who are supposedly "normal") could actually have a thryroid problem.

Symptoms of thyroid trouble are :http://www.safemenopausesolutions.com/thyroid.html

Common symptoms of problem with thyroid due to low thyroid or hypothyroidism are:

• Fatigue and weakness • Low basal temperature ( cold intolerance) • Dry and coarse skin • Hair loss • Cold hands and feet • Weight gain • Insomnia • Constipation • Depression • Poor memory, forgetfulness, dementia • Nervousness and tremors • Immune system problems • Heavy menstrual periods

My mom, she's got every one of these symptoms except for the heavy menstrual periods, after all, she's freakin' 80 and that cycle stopped long ago.


My mom's readings were "low normal" for TSH.


Could it be that she's got a thyroid issue causing all of her troubles?


Our Naturopath Doctor has begun treating my mom's thyroid.  It's been 2 days.  My mom is doing way better.  She hasn't hallucinated at all today.  She's more relaxed and can carry a conversation.  She slept better last night too.

He advised me not to get too excited yet.  I can't help it.  It's absolutely amazing how one little supplement can make such a big change for her.

I was reading about Alzheimer's and Thyroid.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Endocrinology/Thyroid/10293

More and more I'm more hopeful that my mom will be cured.  I've been visualizing her healthy and happy... it's quite possible that her once beautiful head of hair grows back, she is able to lose the rest of her weight and more importantly, the dementia goes away.

If it wasn't for our Naturopath Doctor, we wouldn't be where we are today with my mom.  She has more good days than bad and everyone is finally getting to sleep at night.

3 comments:

  1. I've been battling Hashimoto's Thyroiditis for over 15 years. It's a soul-sucking disease that I wouldn't wish on anyone. I tried everything natural, but I finally broke down and went on medication. The difference it made was miraculous! It gave me back my energy, my creativity, and my love of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, I'm really happy to hear that you found something to work for you.

    My mom, is almost "normal." I still can't believe it. Today we had a good laugh... wish I could remember what it was about! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice information.Have a medicine website. there is a medicine that seems to work, please check out website.Take this medicine as advised by the doctor that are easily available at the online medicine store in USA.to get more information vidalista from buy cenforce.


    ReplyDelete