Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

06 December 2009

Kitty Hell


My mom slept until 6:30 am this morning.  I'm LOVING the new thyroid treatment she's on, it's giving her a better night's rest. I am still having my sleep disturbed with hot flashes but I don't have to bolt up the stairs while in the middle of my upper body feeling like a raging furnace.

I suppose this is progress.

Last night the kittens decided that our bed was their playground at 1:30 am.  Tingle, tingle, tingle... jump, jump... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... BANG!  Romp, romp, romp.  Hehehehehehehehe (kitty laughing)

Oh for the love of God! 

No way were we getting them to stop.  I got up and took the tingling toys and put them in my top night stand draw.  Eventually they got tired and found their spot between us where they curled up and fell asleep.

2:30am... squeak, squeak, squeak.


I rush up the stairs to find our Adult cat, Savita, standing on the edge of the kitchen near her food bowl.  Oh great, now Savita knows how to wake me up with the squeaking floor boards. 

I didn't feed her. 

I didn't want Savita to think that she can squeak the floor and food will magically appear in her dish.  I listened for my mom, heard a soft snore coming from her room so I retreated back into my bed, hoping not to disturb our little rug rats in order to get a few more hours of rest.

6:30am. ... Squeak, Squeak, Squeak.

This time it was my mom and Savita.  "Good morning!" my mom greeted me.  She slept great and was ready for her thyroid supplement.

Our day has begun.

It's been 2 weeks since we brought home the kittens.  Savita has been watching them from the top of the stairs.  Our little tuxedo cat, Sammy Davis keeps jumping the barrier.  This morning he did and found his way to my mom's room where Savita hangs out most of the time. 

There was a little hissing and teeth being shown by Savita, but nothing that Shadow, Savita's mentor, didn't do to her when we brought her home as a kitten.  Savita seems scared and a little curious of the little rug rats.

We're allowing the kittens to roam free.  No longer locked up in our room.  Yay!  Maybe now the romping will take place in the living room at 1:30am and not on our bed.  I forgot how rambuncious kittens can be.

My mom, she's going out with my sister today.   I've written a list of grocery items.  Sunday is the day that I usually go out to the market with my mom.  My mom LOVES shopping, especially food shoppping.  This trip will give my mom an opportunity to teach my sister what we buy when we shop.  I'm hoping that the shopping trip will empower my mom a bit and make her feel more like she's got a sense of purpose.

Last night we had snow.  Winter has begun.  Time to put up the Christmas Tree... Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment