Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

28 June 2011

Race to Dance

Mom, exercising her arms... she did it for about 5 minutes!
Mom gets physical therapy 3 times a week and I walk with her every day.  I do the exercises with her that her physical therapist at the home showed to us; exercises that are strengthening her legs.

Yesterday, I went to her PT session and we were all amazed.  My mom was nearly running down the hall with the walker.  She was moving... moving fast.



"Was that Josephine?"  A nurse came out of a room when she saw my mom zip by the doorway.

Mom's walking.  She's moving.  Soon, I look forward to seeing her dancing to her music that streams through the headphones that rest on her ears.  Mom is now in a race to dance again; she wants to dance.

4 comments:

  1. Bless her heart! When you've got the rhythm in you, I guess it doesn't matter how old you get. I hope I dance till the day I die! Go Josephine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA!! I loved Mellodee's comment and wholeheartedly agree!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog and It has sure brought back memories of caring for my sweet little Mommy.In the photos it could have been my Mom.It worked out that Dementia was a blessing ,because she had a stroke and was paralyzed on her right side,but never asked about it. She had a cat that she carried with her too. Hang in there and hope your mom is doing well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mellodee and Kathy... Thank you. It's always nice to see my mom dance; her dancing makes me feel happy inside because she's happy.

    Cathy... thank you for finding my blog, reading and commenting. One day, I'm sure I'll look back at these times with my mom with fond memories; just like you do now with your own mom. The cat is her buddy.

    ReplyDelete