Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

30 June 2011

It's Been Ten Years

Ed's portrait
He wanted to be remembered
Ten Years ago today, my brother Ed died in a white water rafting accident.

Mom believes that he's still alive.  The other day she overheard me telling an old neighbor who works at the home that Ed passed.

"No he isn't!"  My mom answered from the other side of the room.

"Oh, that's right... he's here."  I answered.

Ed is alive in my mom's mind and my heart.  Every day Ed's name comes up in conversation between my mom and me.

"Where's Eddie? He was just here a minute ago."  My mom asks when I visit her at the home.

"Oh, he's working with Dad."  I find myself answering her.

I miss Ed.

I often wonder how Care Giving for my mom would have been different if Ed didn't die on June 30, 2001.  Would Ed have helped me?  I like to believe that he would have; Ed believed in family loyalty.

Wherever you are Ed... you will always be alive in my heart.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful tribute to your brother. Lovely portrait too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Arielle! Ed had this portrait done of himself 3 months before he died. Weeks before his death, the portrait was complete and he rushed over to show my mom and me.

    I remember taking several photos of him to give to a struggling artist friend. Ed gave him a place to sleep in his apartment. The artist did this portrait as payment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great portrait. When mom ask for dad I say he is at work but he died many years ago. You are doing a wonderful job with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother-in-law is in a health center with LBD. I am the only one who goes to see her(or wants to see her)most of the time. My name is Staci and she either calls me by my name, Sassy(her late dogs name), or the devil. Its really weird because we were inseperable not even a month ago. I really love her and hate seeing her like this but i feel that she would take care of me if everything was reversed. I have alot of empathy!!! Please pray with me that she does not suffer too much longer.
    Sincerely, Staci

    ReplyDelete