Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

24 July 2010

Our Day Is Done

I didn't expect today to work out as well as it did.  In the past, when my mom has had a night of insomnia, the following day usually sucks for everyone.  Today however, it was different.

7 AM my mom went back to sleep, so I did too.  I slept until 10 am.  I felt great when I woke up.

My mom was ready to go to Whole Foods for our weekly trip to the store.  Clutching her purse she said, "So, you ready?"

Barely awake I answered back in a soft voice, "No.  Give me a few minutes to wake up."

We went to Whole Foods.  She was quiet.  She was having trouble finding her words today.  Acupuncture didn't seem to do its magic and help her find her voice.  She was bummed that she wasn't able to communicate with me today.  I think it could be that she's so tired from not sleeping last night.

She attempted to come into the pool, putting her bathing suit on but never making it up the ladder and into the water.  She felt dizzy being outside and went inside.  At least she knew enough to get out of the heat of the day, that's a good sign.

My mom was pleasant today.  She didn't want to do much of any thing so I didn't force her.  She did want to know when she was going home.  I changed the subject.

Our day is done.  She's tucked in.  Let's hope she sleeps through the night and wakes tomorrow happy and able to tell me what's on her mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment