Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

02 July 2010

"Holy #$%^, Acupuncture Worked For My Demented Mom!"

I need to write a follow up to my last post because the Acupuncture worked and it worked very well for my mother.  While it's still fresh in my mind, I must tell this story that has both my sister Donna and me flipping out with joy.

My mom was tired before dinner, she laid down and took a nap for about an hour.  When she woke up, she was a bit more cheery and friendly toward me.  She was saying things like ,"Oakey Doakey."  "Alrighty!"  all positive phrases with lots of cheeriness in her voice and on her face.

She ate dinner and then napped a little more in her chair, while the Red Sox game and the cheering crowd filled her room with white noise.

"Ma, do you want to lay in your bed?"  I asked when I saw her sleeping in her chair.

"Oh No, I just got up!"  She stated as she forced her eyes open.

I turned her bed down and told her that she could go in when she wanted.  The sheets were clean and her pillows were fluffed.

"I want to talk to Donna."  My mom said to me.  All afternoon she wanted to talk to Donna, she wanted to tell her about the visiting angel and her acupuncture experience.

I returned a few minutes later with the phone.   My mom, she was in her bed and appeared to be asleep.

"Ma, do you want to talk to Donna?"  I asked.

"YES!"  My mom said as she sat up in bed.

I handed her the phone and walked away to get my mom's night time supplements.  A few minutes later, as I was walking down the hall I heard lots of talking.  I thought it was my mom's TV.  To my surprise it was MY MOM!  She was having a full conversation with my sister.  She was telling her all about her week with the Visiting Angel, where they went, about the ice cream... then she told her about the acupuncture that she had today.  My mom talked about my sister's camp up in Maine, she told her that she wants to go up again soon and see all her grandchildren.  It was AMAZING.

If I didn't see it for myself, I never would have believed it.  My sister is my witness.  She can't believe it either.  All I can say is "Holy #$%^, Acupuncture Worked for my demented mom!"

2 comments:

  1. WOW, I'm happy for you, all of you!

    BLOGitse

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes two of us!! Yay! I bet if was wonderful to have your "mom" back.

    Good luck with this

    ReplyDelete