Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

23 October 2009

Bath Time is Fun Time

My mom loves her new bathroom. Especially the shower and bath tub.

Helping her with a bath is challenging.

I worry about her breaking something. We're holding off on baths until we can afford to buy her one of these devices.











http://www.southwestmedical.com/index.php?page_type=popup&popup=images&product_ID=17887&selected_picture=0

Today on our way to Wal-Mart she looked at me and said, "Wow. I have 5 kids. I remember all there names." I said, "Great! What are their names?" She said, "Oh... mmmmm. give me a minute.... " I gave her a hint.

"Your oldest daughter has a name similar to your middle name."

She remembered, I could see the enthusiasm in her face as she gleefully called out her first borns name. She remembered. She continued on, her second born... Then she named me and my 2 brothers. She was so proud.

I then said, "Can you name your grand children?" She said, "Oh sure." She named off her great grandson first, she loves his little face. She loves how he danced on his first birthday, she never forgot it... I think that's pretty darn good. She remembered all the grand kids names without help.

Yay!



Today we went to Wal-Mart and we bought her a bathtub seat like the one shown.




She LOVES it. She's showering now, loving every drop while seated on her new chair.

She's happy today. A little pensive.

Probably because my energy and mood is a bit skewed.

Definitely time to shake it off.

Like my dad often reminded me, "Susie, nothing lasts forever. Our world is in a constant state of change. What a minute, it will change. Tomorrow is a better day."






My dad was wicked smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment