Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

11 October 2009

Another GREAT Night for Josie!

Yesterday my mom had a fairly good day. She only saw the little girl, the mischievous imaginary little girl a few times.

When she'd see the little girl, I'd give her 4 helleborus pellets, a homeopathic remedy that has worked to chase the hallucinations away during the day. The dose lasts about 2-3 hours.

This morning, I was up before my mom and before Savita could take her revenge by pouncing to stir me out of my slumber. I awoke and remembered my favorite morning Mantra... "Today is a GREAT DAY!

I walked down the squeaky stairs, we never completed our tasks yesterday to move my mom upstairs; the creaky stairs woke her and she began to call my name.

"It's OK Ma, it's me, Sue. Good morning!"

Mom's fright turned into a smile, she was happy to see me. She told me that she slept really well and only got up at 2am to use the bathroom but went right back to sleep.

This morning the little girl seems to be gone from her visions. Her blood pressure was pretty good, a little higher than yesterday morning but still good. Blood sugar, great as usual.

I read somewhere that cumin is good for people with Lewy Body Dementia so last night I made my new favorite chicken dish that is made with cumin.

Yesterday I made sure that my mom avoided tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant and peppers; all plants from the deadly nightshade variety of plants. I'm becoming a believer that these foods aggravate her brain and bring on her hallucinations and night terror episodes.

Today, mom will move upstairs. She is excited. This morning she told me how she had dreams that she was in her new room.

Yes, today is a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment