Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

24 April 2010

Music to My Ears

Music.  Lots of music has been soothing my mom's mind, almost as though it's resetting a short circuit in her brain.

All day long for the last few days she has been listening to her mp3 player, her little red player that she bought at WalMart for 80 dollars. 

Just last week she couldn't figure out how to put the earphones in her ears and turn it on.  Now, she's using her player and has even learned how to move back to replay a song... her new favorite song by Jason Mraz, "It's a Beautiful Mess."

Driving in the truck, we MUST listen to Jason, especially her favorite song.  I play it over and over again for her.  I don't hate the song, not yet, maybe I won't grow to dislike it from hearing it so much ... I love hearing my mom sing along, out of tune to the passerby but music to my ears.

3 comments:

  1. Music is a magical thing that can give us joy. How great that your mom is able to find comfort there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this may not be true, but I saw this ref when reading today and thought I would cc it for you:

    "Milk kefir also contains a powerful antioxidant, [1] existing as charged molecules. [2] The former research has shown it to be more powerful than vitamin E in protecting body cells against oxidative damage. The latter research concluded that the pH and heat resistant powerful antioxidant of milk kefir, whether made from dairy milk, rice milk or soymilk, has the potential to prevent pathogenesis of the brain such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, ischemia from stroke, Huntington’s disease, dementia with Lewy bodies and amyotrohic lateral sclerosis."

    It made me wonder if homemade kefir (made with grain not starter) might be a useful food for your mom, as I know you're always experimenting. Might see if you can google more info on that. Best, PJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mellodee... yes, music is magical with how it helps my mom to calm down. Thank God for Jason Mraz!

    Thanks for the info PJ... I'll do my usual research and bring it with me to our Naturopath Doctor visit that we have scheduled for the end of the week.

    I just visited your blog for the first time... I am sorry that I never visited before now. I will be a regular visitor, your blog has information that could help me to help my mother. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete