Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

10 August 2010

Tomato and Basil Salad

It's been a great tomato season; the weather has been perfect for growing tomato plants, they grow like weeds.  I get tomatoes from the farm, a 25 pound box for 12 bucks.  I don't have any ripe tomatoes in my garden, but we do get to enjoy tomatoes every day.

Here's one of my latest recipes....

Tomato and Basil Salad


Large tomatoes cut into bite sized chunks
1/4 cup crumbled Goat Feta Cheese
2 tablespoons Pine Nuts
2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil (chopped)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
Himalayan Sea Salt
Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Salt and pepper the tomato chunks, Toss.  Add the basil and goat feta cheese, toss again to mix evenly.  Drizzle the oil over the salad, follow with drizzling the balsamic vinegar.  Sprinkle pine nuts over the top of the salad.  Add more salt and pepper to suit your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment