Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

30 September 2009

Today is finally here!

For at least 2 months I've been waiting for an appointment with a neurologist so that my mom can be evaluated professionally. It will be much easier to take care of her and to possibly treat her condition if we understand what it is and why her hallucinations are happening just before she is waking up and just as she's drifting off to sleep.

I've done some of my own observations based on her diet. I know what foods cause her a problem and I understand a bit more how blood sugar effects every part of the body, including ones mental cognition.

Through my journey with my mom down the dementia highway, I've also come to realize the importance of diet, exercise and mental relaxation. Body - Mind - Spirit; I've learned first hand that good all around health cannot be attained unless one feeds all 3 with the right nutrition, every day.

The experiences I've been having with my mom have proven to me that the body CAN heal itself, regardless of your illness. It's never too late to start to take care of yourself. If you don't feel good today, you can feel good tomorrow. All you need to do is to start now. Take your first step down a road which will lead you to healthier and happier tomorrows.

You can if you think you can!

1 comment:

  1. Update: Went to the neurologist. More tests need to be done on my mom but the doctor thinks that she's got moderate dementia of the alzheimers variety. Not the news I wanted to hear but at least we know what her problem is and now we can take steps to manage it.

    ReplyDelete