Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

20 February 2010

Chipotle Oven Fried Chicken Tenders with Arugula Garlic and Pine Nuts

(Sorry... I had no idea how good this meal would be, I didn't take a picture.)

Chipotle Oven Fried Chicken Tenders with Arugula Garlic and Pine Nuts




8 Chicken Tenders

¼ - ½ Cup of Gluten Free, Lactose Free Breadcrumbs

¼ Tsp Chipotle Seasoning

Sea Salt

Fresh Ground Black Pepper

3 Tbsp Olive Oil

Oven – 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Put 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil in the bottom of a baking dish large enough to hold all the chicken pieces.

Salt and pepper the chicken tenders and sprinkle with Chipotle Seasoning on both sides of the chicken pieces.

Put the bread crumbs on a plate and cover both sides of each piece with breadcrumbs.

Place the chicken in the baking dish.

Cook for 15 minutes or when the chicken has browned. Turn and cook for another 15 minutes.



While you are waiting for the chicken to cook…..



Arugula, Garlic and Pine Nuts



6 cups of Arugula

3 cloves of garlic chopped

3 tablespoons of pine nuts



In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts. I use a cast iron pan, it does a great job with browning the nuts evenly.

In a large skillet that will hold 6 cups of arugula….

Heat the 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil. When it shimmers, add the garlic and stir quickly to let out the aroma…. About 1 minute. Add the arugula and toss with two forks while it cooks. The Arugula will wilt and shrink. Add the toasted pine nuts and serve.

4 comments:

  1. If I ever put all the great recipes I've accumulated online to use...I might make someone a swell wife :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,

    Have you heard about the cover-up of hidden MSG? I published an article about it on Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/025066.html

    Read the labels for every product you buy and you'll be surprised at how many seemingly benign ingredients are added which contain or result in free glutamic acid (MSG). I have yet to find breadcrumbs without malted barley, malt, barly malt, malt or other ingredients from that long list in my article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roschelle... it's never too late to find the man of your dreams... I found mine when I was 43!

    Guru of MSG ... thank you for the post about MSG. I didn't know about the ingredients list. Thank you.

    The gluten free bread crumbs that I found are Gillian's Foods Inc., Lynn, MA (Ya Lynn! My hometown.) The ingredients are White rice flour, water, yeast, salt, raw cane sugar.

    I noticed in your ingredients list that yeast food was listed - does this mean all yeast?

    If so... looks like I'll have to start making my own bread crumbs from scratch.

    ReplyDelete