Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

27 May 2009

Fenugreek: Topical uses... does it cure carbuncles?

For decades I've had "fat balls" form on my legs, never sure why, I just chalked it up to one more thing that I inherited from my parents.

Most of my siblings and at least one of my nephews has fat balls develop under their skin.

Last night I couldn't sleep so I woke up and decided to read the internet. Someone came to my blog from an interesting site, so I clicked on the site and learned about carbuncles and fenugreek.

To my absolute amazement... Fenugreek was listed as a cure for carbuncles (fat balls.) The article suggested to make a poultice from the seed and put it on the infected area. It gave instructions to boil the seed for 10 minutes and then make a paste which you put on the fat ball (carbuncle.)

Here's an excerpt from a book that talks about Fenugreek and how it's good for the under the skin infections. The book is a Veterinary Clinical book, hey we're all animals in a sense!

Fenugreek cures carbuncles, boils and skin issues.

So this morning I thought, hmmm... I wonder if my extract in a bottle will work? I dropped one drop on my fat ball that was not showing any signs of expelling the crap inside and rubbed it into the skin. 2 hours later, I looked at it and it is beginning to form a head.

Excited, I took a picture (I'll spare you for now), ran to the medicine cabinet and got a bandage which I proceeded to put 6 drops of fenugreek seed extract . I put the bandage over the little fat ball.

Stay tuned for the data from my experiment of Fenugreek as a topical agent to help fight skin infections.

No comments:

Post a Comment