Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

29 June 2011

Don't Blink!

"Hello Sue?  Your mom is off the wall!"  The voice on the other end of the phone exclaimed.  

"I'll be there as soon as I can."  I assured Mom's nurse.

My mom has another UTI.  I believe it's because she isn't taking the same probiotic that she had been taking at home; 50 Billion Critical Care with Cystex (Proantinox) is what worked to keep her UTI insanity free.

Mom's not sleeping.  She's awake all night and all day.  It's like she's stuck in the on position.  How long can she last like this without falling over from exhaustion?

She crapped her pants yesterday when I had arrived to see her.  My plan was to take her out for a ride.  With the poo in her pants, I needed to shift gears and go to Whole Foods without her in tow.  No way could I handle her in the supermarket; I was looking for trouble if I took her out.

It's a "crap shoot" with my mom these days; don't blink or you'll miss a good day.  I never know how she's going to be when I arrive at the home.  One day she's running down the hall; next day she is shitting her pants.

Why?

I believe the underlying cause is she's not eating enough vegetables.  Everything that the residents are served for food is white.  Where are all the vegetables?  Where's the soup with nutritious herbs, spices and vegetables?  No wonder the folks are fidgety and anxious.  Why don't medical facilities understand food as medicine?  Why do the trained professionals not understand simple solutions to solve big health problems?

My new goal?  To see if I can influence the nutritionist enough to get her to add more colorful vegetables to the menu.  

In the meantime, I will bring my mom more home cooked soups and salad. 

2 comments:

  1. I always say this disease is like Forrest Gump said - you never kknow what you're gonna get from one day to the next. I think taking her in some healthy snacks, veggies will help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim... yes, I have a bag of healthy snacks for her at the home. You are right... we just never know what we're gonna get from one day to the next!

    ReplyDelete