Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

15 January 2011

Kale and Garlic Chips

Kale and Garlic Chips
Like most people, I was one who would walk into a store like Whole Foods and become enamored by blast of color that would hit me as I walked through the door.  Orange, red, green of every shade would instantly put me into a peaceful state.  Immediately I would begin to ask myself a question... "What do I want to make?"

Kale is bountiful in the supermarkets so I tend to buy a lot of it.  The red kale looked fresh so I picked up a bunch of red kale with the intention of making Kale and Garlic Chips.  These go great with a sandwich or as a mindless snack to eat in front of the TV.

Kale is good for your brain and Garlic is good to lower your blood pressure.

Here's how you make it:

Wash the Kale under cold water and spin dry the leaves (or dab with a paper towel.)
Cut the rib of a stem off the Kale with a sharp knife, leaving only the leaves.
Mince 6-8 cloves of garlic
2 Tbs of Olive Oil
Sea salt to taste

Heat the oven to 350 F.

In a large sauce pot put the Olive Oil and heat.  Add the minced garlic and stir around for about 30 seconds.  Add the Kale and toss with tongs to mix the olive oil and garlic in to the kale.  Cook the Kale until it turns to a bright green color.

Place the kale in a single layer on a cookie sheet, add a little sea salt and cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the Kale becomes brittle.

Let cool and eat like chips.

2 comments: