Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

06 June 2009

The Morning After

Last night about 2 hours after dinner I checked my mom's blood sugar and it was 101.

For dinner, she had a small tuna steak marinated in a marinade that I had made out of brown mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and some organic soy sauce (with NO corn syrup.) I also made a stir fry mixture of baby spinach, grape tomatoes, garlic, ginger and a little lemon juice. I topped it off in the serving dish with a little feta cheese.

Dinner was fabulous. Brian and my mom LOVED it... yay! However, my mother in law wasn't too thrilled with my concotions. Oh well, I suppose I can't please everyone all the time.

Seeing the 101 for a blood glucose reading I thought my mom needed something to bring it up just a little. She wanted an ice cream but I convinced her that eating something like that so close to bedtime might bring the people out. She agreed. Instead, I gave her a pear.

I didn't check her sugar last night when she told me that the kid was throwing the golden ball and running around her room. I am going to assume her blood glucose was 150 or over last night. I've found that if her sugar goes over 140, she starts to see things.

This morning her reading was 124. This tells me that we should have left her at 101 with out anything else to eat and she would have had a lower reading this morning.

All in all, keeping dementia at bay with someone who has dementia

No comments:

Post a Comment