|Warm Kale and Strawberry Salad|
Today, I decided to look through the fridge and create something healthy for lunch.
I had a bunch of Kale that needed to be cooked.
Yesterday, I bought strawberries.
- Wash and cut the Kale crosswise, starting at the top and working my way to the bottom coarse end. I discarded the bottom stems.
- Add a little Sea Salt to the cut Kale and tossed it in a big bowl.
- Wash the strawberries (about 3-4 strawberries per dish) and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Chop fine 3 cloves of garlic.
- Put 1 tablespoon of good quality olive oil in the bottom of a big sauce pan and heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add the garlic when the oil is hot, stir it around quickly and then add the chopped Kale.
- Mix it around, cooking the kale so that the leaves are soft; about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and put the Kale into a salad bowl. Top with a little Sea Salt and Strawberries.
A blast of feta cheese or goat cheese would really spice this up. Next time, I will try it with cheese.