Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. I am providing information based on experiences that my mom has with natural remedies. The purpose of this blog is to help folks to educate themselves. Use this information with your own discernment.

14 September 2009

11 Days

It's been 11 days since my mom has eaten any gluten. It has been 11 days since she's had any hallucinations.

Mom's mental clarity is improving every day that she doesn't ingest gluten. To me it is miraculous. I had done my research on dementia and knew that there wasn't much hope for mom to find her mind once she lost it.

Sending my mom to a nursing home freaked me out. I had to find a solution that would keep everyone happy.

Thank God we found her a Naturopath Doctor who suggested Gluten Associated Dementia could be the root of my mom's mental disorder. He suggested that we stop all gluten for 2 weeks and see what happens. Well, it's been 9 days and my mom is doing great!

I woke up this morning thinking I heard her screaming for me. I ran downstairs to her room and she came out of her room with a big smile and a warm "good morning" greeting.

Seems that I am suffering from a sort of caregiver post traumatic stress syndrome. I have been so accustomed to my mom's dementia that it's taking me a little while to get used to the idea that she sent her imaginary visitors packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment